Jelly Belly adds to the royal family
FAIRFIELD, Calif. — Jelly Belly Candy Co. is expanding its Disney Princess Line with the introduction of the Disney Princess Slipper, inspired by Cinderella's iconic glass shoe.
The clear plastic slipper is filled with a combination of Berry Blue, Bubble Gum, Very Cherry and Cream Soda Jelly Belly jelly beans. Each slipper is .65 oz. and ships in two 15-count display caddies that feature Cinderella.
Cardinal Health launches legislative toolkit
- A database to learn which elected officials to contact;
- Guides on how to make communications with elected officials effective, whether by phone call, letter or by hosting a pharmacy tour;
- An explanation of key legislative language; and
- An overview of key pharmacy issues identified by state associations and by the National Community Pharmacist Association.
- The need for pharmacists to receive ‘provider status’ so they can be reimbursed for delivering certain healthcare services to patients;
- The impact that narrow insurance networks have on patient access to pharmacy care; and
- The need for community pharmacies to be fairly reimbursed for dispensing prescriptions.
Upsher-Smith launches Qudexy XR
MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — Upsher-Smith Labs announced the launch of Qudexy XR (topiramate) extended-release capsules, a once-a-day antiepileptic drug engineered to provide a smooth pharmacokinetic profile.
The drug, which was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in March, offers patients flexibility, the company said. All strengths of Qudexy XR may be swallowed whole or administered by opening the capsule and sprinkling the contents on a spoonful of soft food.
"The launch of our first branded product within our central nervous system portfolio marks a significant milestone in Upsher-Smith's history and demonstrates our focus on developing medications that can make a meaningful difference in people's lives," said Bill Pullman, MB, BS, Phd, FRACP and chief scientific officer of Upsher-Smith. "We are pleased to bring this product forward to treat specific seizure disorders and offer another treatment option to the epilepsy community."
Qudexy XR is available in 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg and 200 mg dosage strengths.