Inter Parfums reaffirms 2007 guidance, announces new products
NEW YORK In announcing third-quarter results, perfume and cosmetics manufacturer and distributor Inter Parfums reaffirmed its full year 2007 guidance and stated that men’s fragrances under the Quicksilver brand will launch in fall 2008.
For full-year 2007, management reaffirmed its guidance of net sales, net income and diluted earnings per share of about $378 million, $21.5 million and $1.04, respectively. The guidance assumes the dollar remains at the current level.
The company also stated that its license agreement concluded in March 2006 with Quicksilver has been extended to men’s fragrances under the Quicksilver brand, with the launch of the first Quicksilver men’s fragrance slated for fall 2008.
In the United States, the company posted a 4 percent boost in sales to $14.2. million. This was achieved despite the high threshold set in the year-ago period, when U.S. sales rose 64 percent to $13.6 million primarily due to first time shipments of the Discover Collection of five fragrances and a full line of bath and body to all Banana Republic’s North American stores.
The current quarter sales increase reflects the staged rollout of new products to additional Gap locations, which is still under way, as well as new product launches for both Banana Republic and Gap stores, the company stated.
Alberto-Culver launches new Nexxus products for 2008
MELROSE PARK, Ill. Alberto-Culver is gearing up for 2008 with the launch of several new products under its Nexxus salon brand at mass.
Launching in January:
- Sublime Volume Conditioner, which promises to deliver up to 15 percent increase in hair diameter. The product is a hydration system that restores manageability and adds dimensional shine.
- 360° Volume Finishing Mist is developed to provide 24-hour humidity resistance. The Mist provides natural-looking, touchable volume that won’t fall flat.
- Gorgeuous Curls Foam Styler and Curl Allure Styling Elixir are equipped with Curl Protexx Technology that promises to lock out humidity. The new formulas were developed to improve curl definition and retention.
- Sleek Memory Spray is a styling spray that helps make the daily straightening routine faster and easier.
- Humectress Luxe Leave-In Spray is a new complement to Humectress Conditioner.
Target supports fight against childhood cancer with P&G products
MEMPHIS, Tenn. Throughout the week of Oct. 28, consumers can help contribute to the fight against childhood cancer by buying select Procter & Gamble brands, including Pantene hair care, at Target stores.
Target plans to donate $700,000 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which has been dedicated to finding cures and saving children with pediatric cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases for nearly 50 years.
Participating P&G brands include Pantene, Pampers and Tide.
Target has been a partner of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital since 1999, when it opened Target House, which is long-term housing for families whose children are receiving life-saving treatment at St. Jude.