Influencing OTC purchase decisions
VMS consumers conduct research online
- Search: Can shoppers find the products based on category keywords?
- Image: Does the online product listing include a key brand image?
- Content: Is key product information present on product landing pages?
- Ratings/reviews: What is the quantity and quality of consumer feedback on the landing pages?
- Availability: Are the products in-stock and available for sale?
- Auto-replenishment: Can consumers choose to automatically reorder the products?
- Higher search ranking against key category search terms makes items easier to find and add to consumer baskets;
- Developing consistent and engaging images and content leads to more clarity for consumers and longer dwell time on product pages;
- A high number of positive ratings and reviews are key for consumers evaluating products; and
- Improving availability minimizes lost sales through out-of-stock items and offering the option to auto-replenish product captures repeat sales in a predictable purchase cycle.
For charts from this report, click here.
Mannatech introduces Manapol powder
COPPELL, Texas — Naturally sourced supplement company Mannatech on Wednesday introduced Manapol powder, an aloe vera gel extract, as a standalone product available only in the United States.
Manapol powder, whose molecular weight is greater than any other aloe gel extract, is a 100% aloe vera gel extract with acetylated, mannose-rich polysaccharides to support cell-to-cell communication, according to the company. The powder supports the immune system and may provide gastrointestinal benefits.
“Mannatech is uniquely positioned to serve the wellness industry with excellence through our products,” Mannatech CEO and President Al Bala said. “Manapol powder only further establishes us as the pioneer of nutritional glycobiology with this groundbreaking technology.”