Hairfree says it’s time to stop damaging your hair with flat, curling irons
TUCKAHOE, N.Y. — Flat and curling irons can damage your hair. They use high heat, often upwards to over 450 degrees, conducted through ceramic-coated metal filaments to reshape hair. According to medical experts, this can be very damaging to the strength of hair.
Hair-free brushes — according to the makers of the brushes, GroomeeZ — keeps hair healthier and provides the same results as flat and curling irons without the damaging heat.
The high heat produced using flat and curling irons strips nutrients out of your hair. Stripping your hair of its natural nutrients can cause frizzy hair, split ends and hair breakage.
Originally designed to be self-cleaning brushes during the testing and design phase, GroomeeZ learned that when their brushes were heated with a blow dryer they take on the properties of flat and curling irons. The reason is simple: the cleaning plates on the brushes are coated with ceramic material, the same type used in flat and curling irons. Whereas traditional flat and curling irons are heated internally by an electric current, GroomeeZ Hairfree brushes can be heated externally with a blow dryer to reach temperature levels less than half of traditional flat and curling irons yet produce the same desired results.
In addition, Hairfree brushes are versatile. You can use them as regular brushes, vent brushes or as a styling tool. A simple adjustment on the knob/slide converts the brush into a vent brush, which creates more airflow and speeds up the drying process.
Hairfree brushes have been included in gift bag events for the Sundance Film Festival, the Oscars, The Bachelors Wedding, the Kentucky Derby, the Soul Train Awards, the Miss Nevada pageant and most recently, the Miss California pageant.
Daisies and Dukes introduces rejuvenating bath and body line
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Daisies and Dukes, inspired by the fresh air and natural beauty of the American countryside, has introduced a new line of bath and body products, the company announced.
Daisies & Dukes Body products are available in the Sweet and Sassy collection: Orange, Strawberry, and Blackberry; as well as the Country Girl line of Country Sunshine, Farmer’s Daughter, Hayfield Romance, Pickin’ Wildflowers, and Skinny Dippin. Every spray, wash, scrub and lotion provides skin care benefits along with the light and refreshing aroma of the great outdoors.
Daisies & Dukes product line includes:
- Body Wash- This fresh wash comes in a variety of sweet and savory scents picked right out of the country air. From subtle wildflowers and a clean hayfield to delectable blackberries and ripe oranges; there is a flavor to match every taste and occasion. MSRP 16 oz $18
- Body Spray- Super moisturizing, and alcohol free these fantastic body sprays stay smelling fresh all day long. MSRP 4 oz, $12
- Bubbly Sugar Scrub- A fine sugar and emollients blend is the perfect recipe for softening skin to feel silky smooth. MSRP 8 oz, $14
- Fine Salt Scrub- Layers of dead skin cells can make the skin look dry and flaky; exfoliation with Daisies & Dukes fine salt scrub removes unwanted dead skin to reveal the moist shiny skin hidden underneath. MSRP 12 oz, $19
- Body Butter- Made from a blend of shea, soy and cocoa butters, jojoba oil and Vitamins A & E, Daisies & Dukes creamy body butter is a great way to stay moisturized. 12 oz, $25
- Roll Bar Fragrance- Perfectly portable roll on perfumes are great on the go. Tuck one of these five delightful scents in any purse or pocket to smell country fresh at a moment’s notice. 1 oz, $25
- Truck Spray- Don’t forget about the truck! Daisies & Dukes’ truck spray is available in all eight enchanting scents. 4 oz, $12
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.
Women more self-conscious about skin imperfections than men, survey finds
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Men and women have complex and often different views about how their skin imperfections affect their appearance and confidence, according to a new survey.
The "Wear Your Skin Proudly" survey, conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Merz Pharmaceuticals and its Mederma brand, found that 67% of adults were generally happy with their physical appearance, but 44% of women thought improving the appearance of skin imperfections, such as scars and stretch marks, would help improve their overall self-confidence, compared with 25% of men. A survey of women in 2010 revealed similar attitudes. The survey polled 2,083 adults between Nov. 15 and 19.
"Even among men and women who are happy with their overall appearance, visible scars and stretch marks can have a negative impact on their self-confidence," body image expert Robyn Silverman said. "This is especially true among women."
According to the survey, women in particular were more self-conscious about the appearance of scars and stretch marks, with 33% reporting that they adversely affected self-confidence, while only 19% of men had the same feelings. Meanwhile, 47% of women have tried to hide such marks, compared with 23% of men.
"In the ‘Mederma Wear Your Skin Proudly’ survey, 34% of women reported that their scars and/or stretch marks would make them feel self-conscious during intimate moments with their partner, compared to only 20% of men," Silverman said.
Mederma sells a number of treatments for skin imperfections, such as Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, designed for once-daily use and designed to improve the overall appearance, color and texture of scars when used on new scars for eight weeks. Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy is used to reduce discoloration and improve texture in stretch marks when used over a period of 12 weeks.