Green Giant launches new veggie snack chips
MINNEAPOLIS — General Mills’ Green Giant brand is bringing two new product offerings to store shelves, the company announced.
New Green Giant Veggie snack chips will be available in two flavors: Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips Zesty Cheddar and Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips Sea Salt. The Zesty Cheddar tortilla chips contain 17g of whole grains and the Sweet Potato Chips have 40% less fat than regular potato chips.
Both new flavors will be available in 5 oz. bags. For more information, including nutritional information, visit Green Giant’s website here.
Jack Link’s launches turkey snacks lineup
MINONG, Wis. — Jack Link’s meat snack brand has introduced a new line of turkey snacks, the company recently announced.
The new portfolio of turkey snacks includes five new offerings from the company:
- Jack Link’s Original Turkey Jerky — This snack provides an excellent source of protein, is 98% fat-free, low in calories and carbs, and has no added MSG.
- New Jack Link’s Oven Roasted Turkey Tender Bites — This snack has both a new look and new name. Formerly called Jack Link’s Oven Roasted Turkey Nuggets, the new “Tender Bites” moniker is more descriptive of its easy-to-chew benefits.
- New Jack Link’s Original Turkey Strips — This product offers a highly portable serving of protein for on-the-go snacking.
- New Jack Link’s Original Turkey Sticks — This anywhere, anytime snack is unique in the world of meat sticks. Complete with easy-to-open packaging, Jack Link’s Original Turkey Sticks offer a distinct and delicious turkey taste.
- New Jack Link’s Turkey Snack Stick & Cheese Combos — Made with smoked Wisconsin Cheddar cheese and savory Jack Link’s Turkey Sticks, two great flavors collide in this tasty combo pack.
The packaging features a new color scheme using green lettering on a white background to drive differentiation from the hearty-beef cues conveyed in the company’s bold red and black base line packaging.
“Turkey is now the second-largest protein in the meat snacks category,” said Jeff LeFever, VP marketing for Jack Link’s. “We are pleased to offer a broad base of premium, high-protein turkey products with a standout, white and green package design. We believe consumers will find it easy to spot the new turkey line on store shelves.”
Jack Link’s turkey lineup is now available in stores across the country. For more information, go to JackLinks.com.
Hostess Brands selects McKee Foods as winning bidder for Drake’s snack cake brand
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Hostess Brands on Thursday announced that the stalking horse bid submitted by McKee Foods for the Drake’s snack cake brand will be presented for approval to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, as no other qualified bids were received for those assets.
McKee has agreed to pay $27.5 million for the Drake’s brand and certain equipment. Drake’s products include Ring Dings, Yodels, Devil Dogs, Yankee Doodles, Sunny Doodles and Drake’s Coffee Cake.
The company will ask the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York to approve the transaction at a hearing on April 9.
Separately, Hostess Brands proceeded with an auction for its Sweetheart, Eddy’s, Standish Farms and Grandma Emilie’s bread brands beginning today. United States Bakery, as a stalking horse bidder, has agreed to pay $30 million for the brands, four bakeries and 14 depots, as well as certain equipment.
On March 19, Hostess Brands will seek court approval of several other transactions — including the sale of the majority of the company’s bread business to Flowers Food for $360 million, and the sale of its snack cake business to affiliates of Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co.