Gillette unveils line of disposable and refillable razors for men, women
Gillette is aiming to meet the grooming needs of both men and women by offering new, innovative bundles of products that hit a wide range of price points. The Procter & Gamble owned brand will feature the Gillette and Venus lines within this launch, which are to include disposable and refillable products available in January 2018.
These new bundles will include the Boston-based company’s first ever cooling technology for disposable razors, refillable razors for under $10, and facial hair removal device for women.
“For over a century, our goal has been to deliver the best, most reliable grooming experience possible for consumers,” Charlie Pierce, Group President, Global Grooming, P&G said. “With this launch, we are demonstrating that this commitment is true for every single product tier in our portfolio – and we are making Gillette’s technology even more accessible to men and women everywhere. We want consumers to know that whatever their need, we have a product that will deliver a superior experience and unbeatable value.”
New offerings of disposable and refillable razor technologies for men will include:
- Gillette Sensor3 Cool, disposable razors with Cooling Technology: Designed for the 10 million men who prefer the disposable razor form and are looking for a cooling and refreshing benefit will be available for the suggested retail price of $4.99 – $6.99;
- Gillette3 and Gillette5 razors: Targeted towards the male consumer searching for high-quality refillable razors, at a low price. These products deliver an ultra-close and comfortable shave, and are featured with a new Aqua Grip handle, providing a strong grip and total control even when wet. The Gillette5 also will feature Atomic Carbon and Telomer coatings that enhance blade durability after shaving. These three-and-five bladed razors can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $7.99 – $9.99; and
- Improved Gillette Fusion5 and Gillette MACH3 cartridges: Both products have been upgraded with Low Cutting Force blades, which are finer and thinner with a low-resistance coating. This enables the blades to cut easily through hair. The MCH3 can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $9.99 and the Fusion 4-pack of cartridges will be available for the suggested retail price of $14.99.
For women, Venus will be introducing several new refillable products to aid hair removal needs, which will include:
- Venus Face Perfection: This product is ideal for areas such as the upper lip, eyebrow, chin, and forehead. The device delivers longer lasting facial hair removal at home, according to the brand, catches hair up to four times shorter than waxing, and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $34.99;
- Venus Bikini Precision: Looks to provide a convenient solution by enabling the consumer to confidently trim and shape the area. The product comes in a slim, pen-like design that’s easy for storage and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $19.99; and
- Venus Platinum: A refillable razor with the brand’s first metal razor for women, and is part of the Venus Extra Smooth family. The razor contains a well-balanced metal handle, is to deliver a smooth, comfortable shave and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $8.99 for the razor and cartridge.
SLIDESHOW: Inside CVS Pharmacy’s largest new format flagship
CVS Pharmacy has opened more than 13,000-sq.-ft., two-story location in Times Square — the largest featuring the company’s new front-store strategy.
From product-grouping “Discovery Zones” and its OTC and health selection that focuses on the transition from sick-care to self-care, to better-for-you snack assortment and more robust beauty offerings, the location has all of the new standard features of the CVS Pharmacy front-store. It also has an in-store pop-up, called K-Beauty, co-created by Peach & Lily’s Alicia Yoon and dedicated to the fast-growing Korean beauty products category and carrying nearly 500 Korean beauty products across skin care and beauty.
On the health-and-wellness services front, the store not only contains a MinuteClinic, but an Optical Center where patients can see doctors of optometry for such services as eye exams, contact lens fittings and more.
Check out the slideshow above and read more about the new location by clicking here.