Five must-sees from ideaShare
SAN DIEGO — Thousands of independent pharmacy owners from across the country gathered here last month for McKesson ideaShare 2015, to explore the latest tools and strategies to help enhance patient care and improve profitability.
This year’s show — which ran from June 24 to 28 — focused on three critical areas: gaining access to preferred networks, building a patient base within the competitive pharmacy industry and winning reimbursement for patient care and disease management services.
Kevin Kettler, SVP marketing U.S. pharmaceutical at McKesson, walked Drug Store News through a pre-show tour of the exhibit hall for a look at five must-sees at ideaShare 2015, including:
- The Health Mart model store. The life-size 2,700-sq.-ft. format featured some 3,200 front-end products and a dedicated compounding room;
- Med sync. McKesson debuted several new tools to help pharmacy operators incorporate med sync into their practice;
- New Health Mart marketing solutions to help independents stay competitive with chains. McKesson filmed a series of interviews with real pharmacists at ideaShare to use in a new series of TV commercials for Health Mart;
- Specialty Solutions. Health Mart partnered with Diplomat to provide independents with a comprehensive specialty pharmacy program; and
- OneStop Generics. The McKesson program offers sophisticated pricing tools and deep sourcing expertise.
DSN was live at McKesson ideaShare 2015 to cover all the action in an exclusive series of show daily e-newsletters. For more news and highlights from the show, visit DrugStoreNews.com/ McKesson-ideaShare.