FDA approves two new drugs to treat IPF
Smart deodorant applicator with mobile app launches on Kickstarter
PRINCETON, N.J. — Princeton University grad students Gilad Arwatz and Carla Bahri are looking to revolutionize the deodorant segment with ClickStick — a smart deodorant applicator with a mobile app.
ClickStick is positioned as the world's first smart electric deodorant applicator, equipped with push-button delivery, adjustable amounts, LED indicators and a free mobile app.
"There have been updates and technology advancements in several areas of personal care, the deodorant applicator has been the one area where innovation has been lacking," said Arwatz, co-founder of ClickStick. "We wanted to make one of the few things you do every day enjoyable and easy, but also smart and advanced. The features of ClickStick make putting on deodorant a better experience, but the application technology can be used with virtually anything."
The new technology is designed to solve many problems associated with deodorants. The push-button feature makes one-hand deodorant application easier, completely eliminating stains and white marks on clothes. With personalized amount control set by the mobile app, users do not have to worry about getting irritations or putting on too much or too little deodorant. ClickStick's internal microprocessor delivers the same amount every time.
While ClickStick aims to advance personal care application technology it is also eco-friendly, eliminating waste with its refill option (saving between 30% to 90% plastic waste), according to the founders. Users can order refills of their favorite deodorant through the mobile app and continue using the ClickStick applicator to optimize their experience.
"I saw my father's mobility deteriorate due to his ALS," said Bahri, co-founder of ClickStick. "Simple everyday things became very challenging for him and something like ClickStick would have made these tasks much less stressful for him as restrictions on his mobility increased. The one-hand application feature makes deodorant application much easier for those with mobility issues that are caused by various physical limitations."
Smart features of ClickStick include:
- Push-button deodorant delivery – An electronic-dispensing mechanism ensures that you deliver the right amount of deodorant to exactly the right place every time to ensure optimal protection and to reduce stains and skin irritations.
- Mobile app – ClickStick will come with a free mobile app that will give you insights on the right amount of deodorant you need, based on your needs and activity level. The app will also tell you when you need to refill your deodorant, monitor your application habits and have an option for ordering refills.
- Light activated – The cap and application of your deodorant is now animated with customized LED light.
- Choose custom strengths and scents of deodorants – Deodorants come in varied strengths and scents, so you can customize. It can also come with any of your favorite deodorant.
- Refill kit – ClickStick gives you the option to fill your own deodorant with a simple and no-mess refill kit.
- Cap-activated power switch – ClickStick includes a power switch that prevents accidental operation when the cap is placed.
ClickStick is currently available for preorder through Kickstarter, with early bird pricing starting at $19. Customize the experience with the chrome-engraved option, starting at $40.
Speed Stick Gear, NASCAR’s Cole Whitt partner for new sweepstakes
NEW YORK — The Speed Stick Gear team and NASCAR driver Cole Whitt have announced a new online sweepstakes aimed at rewarding those who step up in high-pressure situations with a chance to join Whitt during NASCAR's final race in Miami on Nov. 16.
To participate in the Speed Stick #GearUp Sweepstakes, follow @SpeedStick on Twitter and tweet a picture, including the hashtag #GearUpSweepsEntry, showcasing how you step up in high-pressure moments — whether training for a marathon or suiting up for a big meeting at the office.
One winner will be selected at random each day through Oct. 28 to receive a $100 gift card courtesy of Speed Stick. In addition, one participant will win a trip for two to attend NASCAR's final race in Miami, where they will meet Whitt and watch the action live from pit row alongside the rest of the racing team.
"In today's socially connected culture, high-pressure moments are more visible than ever," said Bill Van De Graaf, VP and GM, U.S. personal care, Colgate-Palmolive. "All season long, fans have been watching Cole Whitt suit up and step up against the best drivers on the track. Through this new #GearUp sweepstakes, we are celebrating Cole's incredible will to tackle challenges head-on by asking his fans to do the same."
Speed Stick Gear is a line of antiperspirants available at mass retail and grocery stores nationwide.