FDA approves MenHibrix
PHILADELPHIA — GlaxoSmithKline has received regulatory approval from the Food and Drug Administration for a vaccine designed to prevent invasive disease caused by Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y and Haemophilus influenzae type B.
MenHibrix (Meningococcal Groups C and Y and Haemophilus b Tetanus Toxoid conjugate vaccine) is approved for use in children ages six weeks through 18 months. The vaccination schedule is a four-dose series given at two, four, six, and 12 through 15 months of age.
"All of us at GSK vaccines look at today’s approval as a good day for infants, toddlers and healthcare providers," said Leonard Friedland, VP and head of clinical and medical affairs of North America vaccine development for GSK Vaccines. "MenHibrix gives healthcare providers the option of combining Hib immunization with meningococcal C and Y immunization without increasing the number of shots for infants and toddlers."
In September 2011, the FDA declined to approve the drug and sent GSK a complete response letter.
No comments found
Suave Professionals, Univision debut consumer walk-on role on a telenovela
NEW YORK — Unilever’s Suave Professionals hair care brand and Univision took their partnership to the next level and gave one beauty maven the chance to star in a telenovela.
As the official hair care sponsor of "El Talisman," Suave Professionals offered one fan the opportunity to win a walk-on role. "For 50 years, Suave has made beautiful hair accessible to all women by providing salon-quality products and benefits at a reasonable price. Our partnership with Univision and ‘El Talisman’ takes that promise another step further, making TV stardom possible for one lucky consumer," stated David Rubin, U.S. hair care marketing director for Unilever. "We provided a one-of-a-kind opportunity to bring Latinas closer to their favorite novela stars, and for the first time put a fan on the show."
The "Estrena Tu Transformacion" (Reveal Your Transformation) contest tasked consumers with sharing their most dramatic hair transformations on Suave’s Spanish-language Facebook page, Belleza Suave, for the chance to make their grand debut on the telenovela, receive a makeover by Suave Professionals celebrity stylist Leonardo Rocco and win $5,000 cash prize. The grand prize winner was Mayra Mendoza.
Taking the integration a step further, a dedicated section on NovelasySeries.com featured Talisman-inspired hairstyle how-to videos, recreated by Rocco. Throughout the telenovela, the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion range was integrated into three pivotal moments of the story. One of these moments included a wedding scene where the contest grand prize winner, Mendoza, starred in.
The telenovela will culminate with Mendoza’s scene, where she plays Carmen and exchanges an emotional encounter with a key character in a climactic scene in the episode.
Drug Store Shopping Report Card
This month, DSN C2B Mobile Insights presents the Drug Store Shopping Report Card. We asked our C2Bers to rate their most recent trip to the drug store — or wherever it is they go primarily to shop for pharmacy and health and beauty items. We received more than 1,500 responses from all over the country.
What stores did they shop — and why is it their primary shopping destination? How long did the trip take? Was it longer than they expected? If so, why? Could they find what they were looking for? What did they think of the service? How was the checkout experience? What items did they originally plan to purchase? What did they buy on impulse — and what made them want to buy those extra items? How did they shop the store? Did they bring coupons? Did any use their smartphones and what did they use them for?
1) Approximately how long was your shopping trip?
2) Did your shopping trip last longer than you expected?
3) If your shopping trip was longer than you expected, why do you think that was?
4) What did you originally plan to purchase on your trip?
5) Did you purchase anything today that you had not originally planned on buying?
6) If you purchased anything you had not planned on, what was it?
7) If you purchased an unanticipated item, what prompted you to buy it? What was the reason fo your purchase?
8) Did you look through any coupon books or store circulars before or during your trip?
9) If you looked at coupons or circulars, did you bring them with you or pick them up in the store?
10) If you brought coupons with you, how did you get them?
11) Did you use a store loyalty card when checking out?
12) How did you carry your items when shopping?
13) Did you use your smartphone while shopping today?
14) If you used your smartphone, what did you use it for?
15) Did you shop alone on this trip?
16) If you shopped with someone else, did they cause you to purchase something you had not planned on buying?
17) If someone you shopped with caused you to make an unplanned purchase, what was it?
* Other refers to such items as lawn art, plants, flashlight, tea keattle, flip-flops, t-shirts, etc.
18) Where did you shop on this trip?
19) Why is this your preferred store to shop for you health and beauty needs?
* Other refers to such reasons as routine/familiarity, hours of operation, "I work there," drive-through pharmacy and cleanliness.
Drug Store News has partnered with Engage.Me to develop the DSN/C2B Mobile Insights series as a regular feature and premium content offering for DrugStoreNews.com users. Interested in utilizing DSN/Engage.Me field research capabilities for exclusive research on your company? Contact Rob Eder at [email protected].
This survey was conducted by Engagement Media Technologies using the Gevius mobile application and EMTech backend. The campaign had 1,522 participants — 51% male and 49% female. The breakdown of participant age range is: 18 to 25 years old (22%), 26 to 35 years old (28%), 36 to 45 years old (22%), 46 to 59 years old (20%), and 60 years old and up (8%).
The geographic breakdown of respondents is:
No comments found