Father’s Day gift solution is a ‘snap’
KENOSHA, Wis. Snap-on hopes to be the ultimate gift solution for Father’s Day.
“By giving Snap-on tools, you will give Dad something he needs and something he really wants,” said Alicia Smales, VP marketing for Snap-on. “Snap-on tools are a great Father’s day gift that Dad can use for many years to come. An ugly tie, not so much.”
Such tool kits are available for Dad, including:
4-Piece Striking Prybar Set with Knife:
- Ergonomic shape and contour handle matched to the blade length for optimum leverage
- Blade extends through handle and makes contact with end cap to provide a solid striking force
2-Piece 3/8-inch Variable Length Extension Set:
- Includes four inch variable extension and seven inch variable extension
- A low clearance problem solver
- Precision cold-forged construction for robust performance
11-Piece 1/4-inch Drive, Fractional, Low Profile Ratchet/Socket Set
- Low profile, easy-action reverse lever sockets combine with 0 degrees mini ratcheting wrench to access the tightest areas
- 72-gear teeth require minimal movement in tight areas
- Thin handle cross section allows for greater accessibility in tight quarters
Blue-Point Tool Sets
- 85-Piece 3/8-inch General Service Set
- High grade steel alloy
- Exceeds ANSII standards
- Lifetime warranty on all tools
62-Piece 1/4-inch General Service Set
- Standard sockets range from sizes 3/16-inch to 5/8-inch: metric sockets range from 4 mm to 14 mm
- Both sets feature shallow and deep sockets
- Will fit under most car or truck seats
37-Piece 3/8-inch General Service Set
- Great for use at home or on the road
- Compact case fits under the truck seat or in a kitchen drawer
Coupons.com expands its retailer network
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. Coupons.com has expanded its digital coupon network to more than 38,000 retail outlets, the company said Wednesday.
The announcement comes on the heels of the company’s introduction of its digital clearing services for retailers and manufacturers for digitally-redeemed coupons, including verification, redemption, payment and settlement.
“Digital coupons represent the fastest growing category of coupons, in part due to the growing number of retailers tapping them to engage with their customers,” said Steven Boal, Coupons.com CEO. “With our new retail partners, the Coupons.com network spans over 38,000 retail outlets operated by many of the nation’s top grocery, drug and mass retailers. As our distribution network grows, we expect brands—more and more—will look to digital coupons as an increasingly important part of their promotions marketing mix.”
Duane Reade to be presenting sponsor for AIDS Walk New York
NEW YORK Duane Reade will be the first-ever presenting sponsor of AIDS Walk New York on May 16 and has pledged a minimum contribution of $225,000 through the Duane Reade Charitable Foundation.
Also as part of its sponsorship, Duane Reade is selling special $1 paper red-ribbon pinups in its more than 250 New York metro-area stores through May 15 — the day before AIDS Walk New York. All of the funds raised by the ribbon sales will support GMHC and dozens of other local HIV/AIDS services organizations in the tri-state area.
It is estimated that 45,000 people will join the 25th annual AWNY, a fundraising walkathon beginning and ending in Central Park. Duane Reade’s employee group will be one of an anticipated 2,900 corporate and community fundraising teams participating.
In addition, GMHC and Duane Reade are working together on multiple efforts to raise awareness about HIV, GMHC’s work and the AIDS Walk. This includes in-store AIDS Walk registration drives and on-site free and confidential HIV testing through GMHC’s mobile testing unit.
Duane Reade became a sponsor of AWNY in 2002, and has increased its sponsorship level in subsequent years.