Ethnic beauty industry vet Brian Marks launches new hair care collection
NEW YORK — Ethnic beauty industry veteran Brian K. Marks and his wife, former model Nene Marks, have introduced the new Nene’s Secret hair care collection.
Having created five brands — All Ways Natural, African Pride, Ginseng Miracle, 911 and Dr. Miracle’s — Marks continues a 32-year career as an innovator in the ethnic hair care business. The new seven-SKU maintenance line features a signature fragrance as well as the exclusive My Secret Recipe formula, a blend of natural ingredients from Africa.
The collection includes:
- L.I.C. (leave-in conditioner): A leave-in crème that works as a detangler, heat protectant and moisturizer for natural, relaxed, transitioning or colored-treated locks ($8.99);
- G.G. (gorgeous gro): A hair and scalp treatment that is designed to soften, shine and conditions, while ending breakage and split ends ($8.99);
- C.C. (curl creme): A lightweight, curl-enhancing creme that is designed to hydrate strands and revitalize coils ($8.99);
- P.P.P. (perfect pretty pudding): A styling pudding provides for ultimate curl control and moisturization without curl shrinkage or dullness ($8.99);
- S.S.T. (strengthening serum treatment): A fast-absorbing, residue-free serum features extras like argan oil, annatto seed and sunflower seed to nourish the scalp while ending frizz and breakage ($9.99);
- M.M. (my mom ‘s masque): Restore damaged hair with this masque that features nutrients and herbs ($9.99); and
- B.B.B. (best beauty butter): An all-natural butter that is designed to repair, soothe and nourish the hair, scalp and skin ($12.99).
Meijer double-matches donations to food bank fundraising campaign
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A campaign run by Midwestern mass-merchandise chain Meijer to raise money for food banks has netted more than half a million dollars, the company said.
Meijer said customers donated $184,230 during Simply Give Double Match Days to help food pantries around the Midwest stock shelves, and Meijer double-matched the donations for a total of $552,690.
"The tremendous generosity of our customers is an inspiration for us all, and we cannot thank them enough for their partnership," co-chairman Doug Meijer said. "Our Simply Give program, along with the double-match efforts, really helps make a difference for all our struggling neighbors."
Murad to expand global HQs as part of $35M development project
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Skin care brand Murad has signed a new 12-year lease and committed to a $35 million investment that will result in a new corporate headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., located just a few blocks away from the company’s current location.
Murad will move to the new location at 2121 Park Place in El Segundo, Calif., sometime in early 2014.
The new 45,000-sq.-ft. office will feature ample workspaces and meeting areas to ensure optimal working conditions for corporate employees. The newly signed lease for global headquarters complements Murad’s acquisition two years ago of a 65,000-sq.-ft. distribution center in Torrance, Calif., the company stated.
“We are excited to have signed the lease to our new custom-designed office space, where we will be able to meet the needs of our growth plans as well as honor our commitment to provide our valued employees with a spectacular, creative work environment, which is being designed to fit our specific requirements,” stated Richard Murad, GM of Murad. “This is a testament to our confidence in the company, our brand and our dedication to continue to innovate and exceed the expectations of our customers.”
The Murad Flagship Spa will remain in its current location, however, the entire 7,000-sq.-ft. space will be upgraded to accommodate a fitness/yoga center, as well as incorporate a stylish update to its treatment rooms and retail section. In addition, the new Murad-Inclusive Health Spa will expand its service offerings.