Energizer Holdings acquires S.C. Johnson shave business
ST. LOUIS Energizer Holdings is expanding its shave business by acquiring from S.C. Johnson & Son the Edge and Skintimate brands for $275 million.
“We are very exciting about combining the Edge and Skintimate brands with our Schick-Wilkinson Sword shaving business, strengthening both in the process,” stated Ward Klein, CEO. “As leading brands in the U.S. men’s and women’s shave preparation category, Edge and Skintimate are a logical and attractive adjacency for our shaving business.”
Under certain circumstances, Energizer may elect to issue to S.C. Johnson, in lieu of cash payment of the purchase price, shares on non-voting redeemable preferred stock, with a liquidation preference of $310 million, and semi-annual dividends.
The acquisition is subject to customary conditions and regulatory approval.
Celebrity hairstylist Billy Lowe launches luxury hair care line
LOS ANGELES Celebrity hairstylist and beauty expert Billy Lowe, who has worked with numerous Hollywood A-Listers and appeared on such hit reality shows as TLC’s “10 Years Younger,” MTV’s “Made” and “Extreme Make-over,” has launched his own luxury hair care line.
The just-launched hair care line contains two shampoos, two conditioners and seven styling products. It is also ideal for color treated hair. The lineincludes:
- Nourishing Volume Shampoo & Conditioner for volume, weightless style and silky smooth hair.
- Daily Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner for hair that needs a moisture boost.
- Silky Style Cream a styling cream for smoothing hair, fighting frizz and giving brilliant shine.
- Thermal Style & Finish Spray, which pre-treats and protects from thermal styling.
- Protecting Shine Spray, whch protects from UV damage.
- Nourishing Volume Foam, which is a light weight mousse that doesn’t weight hair down.
- Smoothing Gel, which is a great shaper for shorter hairstyles and can be cocktailed with any other product.
- Ultimate Finish Spray, a humidity-resistant hairspray that lets you shape, style, and reshape if needed.
Key product benefits include Asian sugar, which repairs and nourishes hair from within, and soy proteins to help strengthen hair and restore lost amino acids.
“The solutions that I was presented with were anything but complicated. Many other manufacturers offered hundreds of products and the whole process was overwhelming. What I wanted for my clients was a clean and simple line that offered outstanding professional results. Now, people can have red carpet hair just like my celebrity clients no matter where they live,” stated Lowe.
SC Johnson may be looking to cut shaving business
NEW YORK SC Johnson may be looking to sell its shaving business, which includes the Edge and Skintimate brands, according to a Financial Times report.
According to the report, people with knowledge of the sale process say the business could be valued at about $200 million and, while a range of potential buyers have expressed an interest, Energizer Holdings could be the likely buyer.
A spokeswoman for SC Johnson said it does not publicly discuss such matters.
Meanwhile, an Energizer spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumors or speculation, the Financial Times reported.
Energizer’s personal care division offers a range of consumer products in the wet shave, skin care feminine care and infant care categories. The company’s portfolio includes such brand names as Schick and Wilkinson Sword men’s and women?s shaving systems and disposable razors.