Coty brushes up nail care portfolio with OPI acquisition
NEW YORK — It’s official. Coty, whose brands include Sally Hansen nail care products, has announced plans to acquire OPI Products, a maker of professional nail salon products.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition will bolster Coty’s color cosmetic portfolio by adding more than 200 shades of OPI Nail Lacquer’s chip-resistant formula.
"We view the acquisition of OPI as complementary to Coty and a natural extension of our strategy to offer a unique portfolio of brands that produce some of the best known consumer products around the world," stated Bernd Beetz, CEO of Coty Inc. "OPI is both dynamic and high quality and has earned its place as a leading provider to professional nail care salons. This acquisition will allow Coty to expand our presence in the nail care category via an important new channel of distribution: professional salons, and importantly will offer an even greater selection of products and choice to consumers."
Crest Oral-B salutes dental professionals, introduces new product line
CINCINNATI — Crest Oral-B is recognizing registered dental hygienists who go above and beyond the call of duty with the new Pros in the Profession award program. The brand also has introduced the new Clinical Pro-Health System for gingivitis.
Throughout the year, Crest Oral-B will reward five professionals, as nominated by their peers, who make an impact on patients and work for the oral health cause.
"At Crest Oral-B we understand how essential dental hygienists are to the profession and the important part they play in their patients’ lives," stated Wendy Bebey, Procter & Gamble professional and academic relations, Northeast region. "With Pros in the Profession, we will now be able to officially recognize their dedication to oral care, and I’m excited to have these dental hygienists join me in representing our field."
Through April 2011, nominations can be submitted via Dentalcare.com/prosintheprofession or at the Crest Oral-B booth at upcoming dental conventions. Nominations should be submitted by dentists, fellow hygienists, dental assistants, professional colleagues and collegiate colleagues conveying why their nominee is a true pro. In order to be considered for the program, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Registered dental hygienists with two-plus years of practice experience after graduation from dental hygiene school;
- Registered dental hygienists with community service involvement;
- General volunteer/non-oral health-specific examples welcome, but oral health-related volunteer experience preferred;
- Registered dental hygienists with examples of work that goes above and beyond the call of duty. Examples include: excellent patient relations/special care/retainment, involvement in research and/or clinical experience, published work and ability to generate additional business for their practice; and
- Registered dental hygienists with additional CE credits over state requirements.
Pros in the Profession winners will receive a $1,500 monetary prize, VIP all-expense-paid trip to ADHA’s 88th Annual Session in Nashville, Tenn., a spa experience, an award and recognition at major conferences throughout the year and a trip to P&G headquarters.
Furthermore, to arm all dental offices with the tools they need to be a pro to their patients, Crest Oral-B has introduced the new Clinical Pro-Health System for gingivitis, which is clinically tested to virtually eliminate gingivitis, according to the manufacturer.
The Clinical Pro-Health System for gingivitis helps break the cycle of gingival inflammation and gingival bleeding for improved oral health in patients with mild to moderate persistent gingivitis. The system is comprised of the following products:
- Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 electric toothbrush with oscillating-rotating technology and SmartGuide, which encourages compliance;
- New Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Clinical Protection for Professionals floss;
- New Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection toothpaste with stabilized stannous fluoride; and
- Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection rinse with CPC that is designed to kill 99% of germs.
Energizer completes American Safety Razor acquisition
ST. LOUIS — Just one week after clearing the antitrust hurdle to acquire American Safety Razor, Energizer announced that its acquisition of the company now is complete.
Energizer purchased substantially all of the assets of American Safety Razor for $301 million in cash and the assumption of certain liabilities, the company said.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, Energizer announced in early October that it was the winning bidder for ASR in bankruptcy court proceedings.