Colgate-Palmolive partners with HDA to encourage good oral health
NEW YORK Colgate-Palmolive has teamed up with the Hispanic Dental Association to celebrate the launch of Colgate’s Oral Health Month.
From now through June 30, this annual campaign will help fight the poor oral health epidemic by educating U.S. families about the importance of proper oral care. In partnership with the HDA, this campaign will target the Hispanic community through bilingual oral health education materials and activities.
The Hispanic population has become the largest minority group in the United States, resulting in an increase in oral healthcare demands. In fact, minority populations bear a disproportionate burden of oral disease in the United States, according to a recent report by the U.S. Surgeon General.
“Due to language barriers, lack of familiarity and low dental insurance coverage levels, our Latino population continues to experience difficulty in accessing oral healthcare services and education,” stated Carla Kelly, general manager of U.S. multicultural marketing for Colgate-Palmolive. “With an ongoing need for improved oral health among Hispanic Americans, we tailored our Oral Health Month campaign to address the needs of this ever-growing community.”
During Oral Health Month, Colgate’s flagship program “Bright Smiles, Bright Futures” will travel throughout the United States to provide free oral health education and dental screenings to children via mobile dental vans.
On a larger level, families across the country will be encouraged to participate in Oral Health Month by going online with their loved ones to take the “Colgate Family Promise,” which empowers families across the United States to make a commitment to live healthier lives together. By visiting Colgate.com/OHM, families can make the “Colgate Family Promise” by promising online to practice proper oral care habits together. For every promise submitted online, Colgate-Palmolive will donate one Colgate toothbrush and one tube of Colgate toothpaste to a family in need.
Noxzema ‘comes clean’ with new look, ad campaign
MELROSE PARK, Ill. Skin care brand Noxzema has a new look and is celebrating its new clean blemish control formulations, a new campaign and a new brand partner.
As reported earlier this year by Drug Store News, Alberto-Culver, which bought the Noxzema brand from Procter & Gamble in 2008, is giving the line a makeover with several new products and a new, restaged look. New to the nine-SKU portfolio for 2010 are the clean blemish control foaming wash and the clean blemish control daily scrub.
Partnering with Noxzema is New York City-based dermatologist Dr. Hilary Reich. Reich specializes in the treatment of acne for adults and teens, as well as general skin care.
In addition, the brand has unveiled its “Come Clean” ad campaign, which encourages women to fix their problems and not cover them up by flaunting their unblemished skin. The campaign will be complemented with an advertorial program, fearing actress Ginnifer Goodwin. The campaign will debut in July in print and online publications including Allure, Glamour, Self and Lucky.
CEW Beauty Awards salute innovative products
NEW YORK Cosmetic Executive Women recognized the most innovative beauty products of the year at the 16th annual CEW Beauty Awards, held May 21 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.
A full list of 31 winning products — covering makeup, hair care, sun care and more — can be found below.
The CEW Beauty Awards is the only awards program where the winners are determined exclusively by beauty insiders — more than 3,600 professionals working in beauty, cosmetics, fragrance and related industries.
“Women are very savvy when it comes to buying beauty products; they’re looking for the best results at the best price. The CEW Beauty Awards provides consumers with insight into the best products the industry has to offer,” said Carlotta Jacobson, CEW president.
There were nearly 550 entries and 155 finalists among 31 categories, ranging from makeup to hair care, sun to scent. Both mass products (available at drug stores) and prestige products (available at department and specialty stores) were honored.
To make the winning products available to consumers, CEW has national retail partnerships with CVS/pharmacy, Nordstrom and QVC. Moreover, the 2010 Beauty Award Winners will be showcased and promoted with custom promotions in store, online and on television throughout the year.
Sponsors of the 2010 CEW Beauty Awards included, but were not limited to: Allure, CVS/pharmacy, Crest and Oral-B 3D White, Veet, Nordstrom and TRESemme. NPD Group defines the categories while Ernst & Young tabulates the ballots.
The 2010 CEW Beauty Awards winners are:
- BATH AND BODYBody Treatment MassVaseline sheer infusion with stratys-3Body Treatment PrestigeOrigins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins night health bedtime sprayBath/Shower Product MassOlay body wash plus tone enriching ribbonsBath/Shower Product PrestigeFresh sugar acai body scrub
- FACIAL SKINCAREAcne TreatmentLa Roche Posay effaclar AI intensive acne spot treatmentAnti-Aging MassOlay professional pro-x deep wrinkle treatmentAnti-Aging PrestigeLancome Genifique youth activating concentrateCleanser & Scrub MassVisine total eye soothing wipesCleanser & Scrub PrestigeShiseido Future Solution LX extra rich cleansing foamEye Treatment MassOlay Regenerist anti-aging eye rollerEye Treatment PrestigeShiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect eye serumMoisturizer MassGarnier Nutritioniste skin renew awakening face massagerMoisturizer PrestigeShiseido Future Solution Total Regenerating Cream
- HAIRHair Care Product MassL’Oreal Paris EverPure sulfate-free color care moisture shampooHair Care Product PrestigeLiving Proof no frizz shampooHair Coloring Product PrestigeColorMetrics TouchBack by ColorMarkHair Styling Product MassKlorane no rinse care with papyrus milkHair Styling Product PrestigeLiving Proof full thickening cream
- MAKEUPEye Product MassCoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlastEye Product PrestigeLancome Oscillation powerbooster vibrating amplifying primerFace Product MassCoverGirl Simply Ageless sculpting blushFace Product PrestigeClinique Redness Solutions instant relief mineral powderLip Product MassMaybelline New York Color Sensational lipcolorLip Product PrestigeGuerlain Rouge G de Guerlain
- MEN’S GROOMINGAmerican Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Patch
- SCENTMen’s ScentJohn Varvatos ArtisanWomen’s Scent MassP&G Prestige Avril Lavigne Black StarWomen’s Scent PrestigeCoty Prestige Lola Marc Jacobs
- SUNSun Product MassNeutrogena sensitive skin sunblock lotion SPF 60+ with PureScreenSun Product PrestigeBare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 30 natural sunscreen
- INDIE BEAUTY AWARDLiving Proof