CEW Beauty Awards salute innovative products
NEW YORK Cosmetic Executive Women recognized the most innovative beauty products of the year at the 16th annual CEW Beauty Awards, held May 21 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.
A full list of 31 winning products — covering makeup, hair care, sun care and more — can be found below.
The CEW Beauty Awards is the only awards program where the winners are determined exclusively by beauty insiders — more than 3,600 professionals working in beauty, cosmetics, fragrance and related industries.
“Women are very savvy when it comes to buying beauty products; they’re looking for the best results at the best price. The CEW Beauty Awards provides consumers with insight into the best products the industry has to offer,” said Carlotta Jacobson, CEW president.
There were nearly 550 entries and 155 finalists among 31 categories, ranging from makeup to hair care, sun to scent. Both mass products (available at drug stores) and prestige products (available at department and specialty stores) were honored.
To make the winning products available to consumers, CEW has national retail partnerships with CVS/pharmacy, Nordstrom and QVC. Moreover, the 2010 Beauty Award Winners will be showcased and promoted with custom promotions in store, online and on television throughout the year.
Sponsors of the 2010 CEW Beauty Awards included, but were not limited to: Allure, CVS/pharmacy, Crest and Oral-B 3D White, Veet, Nordstrom and TRESemme. NPD Group defines the categories while Ernst & Young tabulates the ballots.
The 2010 CEW Beauty Awards winners are:
- BATH AND BODYBody Treatment MassVaseline sheer infusion with stratys-3Body Treatment PrestigeOrigins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins night health bedtime sprayBath/Shower Product MassOlay body wash plus tone enriching ribbonsBath/Shower Product PrestigeFresh sugar acai body scrub
- FACIAL SKINCAREAcne TreatmentLa Roche Posay effaclar AI intensive acne spot treatmentAnti-Aging MassOlay professional pro-x deep wrinkle treatmentAnti-Aging PrestigeLancome Genifique youth activating concentrateCleanser & Scrub MassVisine total eye soothing wipesCleanser & Scrub PrestigeShiseido Future Solution LX extra rich cleansing foamEye Treatment MassOlay Regenerist anti-aging eye rollerEye Treatment PrestigeShiseido Benefiance NutriPerfect eye serumMoisturizer MassGarnier Nutritioniste skin renew awakening face massagerMoisturizer PrestigeShiseido Future Solution Total Regenerating Cream
- HAIRHair Care Product MassL’Oreal Paris EverPure sulfate-free color care moisture shampooHair Care Product PrestigeLiving Proof no frizz shampooHair Coloring Product PrestigeColorMetrics TouchBack by ColorMarkHair Styling Product MassKlorane no rinse care with papyrus milkHair Styling Product PrestigeLiving Proof full thickening cream
- MAKEUPEye Product MassCoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlastEye Product PrestigeLancome Oscillation powerbooster vibrating amplifying primerFace Product MassCoverGirl Simply Ageless sculpting blushFace Product PrestigeClinique Redness Solutions instant relief mineral powderLip Product MassMaybelline New York Color Sensational lipcolorLip Product PrestigeGuerlain Rouge G de Guerlain
- MEN’S GROOMINGAmerican Crew Trichology Hair Recovery Patch
- SCENTMen’s ScentJohn Varvatos ArtisanWomen’s Scent MassP&G Prestige Avril Lavigne Black StarWomen’s Scent PrestigeCoty Prestige Lola Marc Jacobs
- SUNSun Product MassNeutrogena sensitive skin sunblock lotion SPF 60+ with PureScreenSun Product PrestigeBare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 30 natural sunscreen
- INDIE BEAUTY AWARDLiving Proof
Lander rolls out in West Coast Rite Aid stores
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. Grand Brands on Tuesday announced the debut of its new Lander line of bubble baths, shampoos and men’s and women’s body washes at 751 West Coast Rite Aid stores this June.
The product line will feature several new additions created exclusively for Rite Aid including new label designs and a convenient hand pump. It will also be the first time the brand’s shampoo and body washes are available in a 64 oz. size and mark the debut of the brand’s new Lander Men’s body wash.
“Customers have been continuously asking for the 64 oz. Lander Bubble Bath in California and other Western states,” stated Susan Hunt, CEO of Grand Brands, the parent company of Lander. “They love the natural ingredients in our products like the real honey and milk we use compared with other value brand options on the market. In addition, all our bubble bath products are made in the U.S. and are of the highest quality.”
Estee Lauder expands business with Smashbox acquisition
NEW YORK Estee Lauder has signed an agreement to acquire prestige cosmetics company Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, a move that Estee Lauder believes will expand its reach to new and younger consumers in the prestige channels.
Financial terms of the deal, which is expected to close in July, were not disclosed.
According to Estee Lauder, it will leverage its international experience as it looks to growth the brand and engage Smashbox’s expertise in digital and social media.
Brothers Dean and Davis Factor, great-grandsons of the makeup legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics in 1996.
Dean Factor, co-founder and CEO, and Davis Factor, co-founder, chief creative officer and celebrity photographer, and Budd Taylor, president, will each play key roles with respect to these activities and the continued success of Smashbox. Smashbox will continue operating out of its Los Angeles office.