Beiersdorf introduces Nivea Lip Care
NEW YORK Beiersdorf is broadening its U.S. portfolio with the launch of Nivea Lip Care, the company announced Tuesday, a venture into a new product category for Beiersdorf.
“We believe that Nivea Lip Care will perform well in the marketplace, as the category has seen steady sales during the past five years,” stated Nicolas Maurer, vice president of marketing at Beiersdorf U.S.A. “We will drive the product launch with a fully integrated marketing campaign which engages consumers by focusing on the emotional benefits of the product, marking a departure from the functional messages that we currently see in the marketplace.”
“This is a first of its kind launch in the category,” aded Bill Graham, vice president of sales at Beiersdorf, U.S.A. “Nivea brings a total category solution to our customers. We offer a functionally superior range of products, a unique consumer communication platform, and a solid financial framework to our customers.”
Nivea Lip Care will have 11 different variants and 22 SKUs. Products will be available in both blister card and loose form. Each Nivea Lip Care product provides moisturization along with additional benefits such as relief, protection, color, gloss and anti-aging in a non-waxy consistency.
The product line up is as follows:
- A Kiss of Moisture—Essential Lip Care and Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4 are specifically formulated to provide moisturization and protect lips from dryness. Products are available in a stick format.
- A Kiss of Protection—Sun Protection Lip Care SPF 30 effectively prevents moisture loss and protects lips from sun damage. Product is available in a stick format.
- A Kiss of Flavor—Tinted Lip Care in Cherry and Passion Fruit. The Tinted Lip Care products provide moisturization, while giving lips a hint of color and a fruity flavor. Comes in two flavors: cherry and passion fruit. Products are available in a stick format.
- A Kiss of Shimmer—Pearly Shimmer Lip Care provides moisturization along with the pearly shimmer effect. Product is available in a stick format.
- A Kiss of Shine—Glossy Lip Care gives lips a glossy shine without any sticky residue. Comes in three shades – natural, red and pink. Products are available in a tube format.
- A Kiss of Rejuvenation—Anti-Aging Lip Care SPF 4 enhances the natural fullness of lips and reduces the appearance of fine lines. Product is available in a tube format.
- A Kiss of Relief—SOS Lip Care provides instant care for dry, chapped lips while supporting lips’ natural healing process. Product is available in a tube format.
Nivea Lip Care will be available at all food, drug and mass merchandisers nationwide in September 2008 in the cough/cold aisle. Suggested retail price is $3.99 for tube products and $2.99 for stick product.
Schering-Plough wins packaging case against Fruit of the Earth
DALLAS Schering-Plough has announced that the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Texas has ordered Fruit of the Earth to change the packaging of its generic sport and baby sunscreens. Schering-Plough maintains that the Fruit of the Earth packaging infringes the trade dress of its Coppertone sun care products.
In litigation pending before the Texas court, Schering-Plough has sought an expedited resolution of the matter. The court declined to enter a preliminary injunction against Fruit of the Earth at this stage but, after several days of hearings, stated that Fruit of the Earth must change its products’ trade dress, including, among other things, changing the packaging design of products that have already been manufactured.
The court also stated that Fruit of the Earth must complete the changes to its product packaging within two weeks, and must certify its compliance to the court.
Kate Hudson partners with WildAid to support animal rights
NEW YORK Actress Kate Hudson has partnered with hairstylist David Babaii and WildAid to bring to market a line of hair care products that support animal rights advocacy.
“We’re trying to come up with a way to make a product that everybody could get and afford—and actually make it a conscious product,” Hudson was quoted as saying in published reports. “We’d go to these labs and you start learning about regulations and how to make a product that’s sustainable in a market with people who want to buy things with longer shelf lives.”
The David Babaii for WildAid products are infused with such ingredients as volumizing volcanic ash, Cupucacu butter, blue algae, wild orchid, kiwi, mango, jojoba seed and dead sea salt. The products are free of sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals and animal products. And are free from animal testing.
The company will donate 10 percent of all profits to WildAid, the global wildlife conservation organization, to help save endangered animals.