Babyliss develops fully automatic professional curl machine
NEW YORK — Babyliss has introduced the new Babyliss Pro MiraCurl, which the company is positioning as the world’s first fully automatic professional curl machine that forms one perfect curl after another.
According to the manufacturer, industry sources have noted that this is the most impactful and innovative launch since the pistol grip hair dryer was invented in 1960.
MiraCurl benefits include:
- Nano titanium curl chamber for smooth curling action and shiny results;
- Four timer settings for different curl effects;
- Three heat settings (375°F, 410°F, 450°F);
- Three-direction curl control (right, left, alternate); and
- Professional brushless motor.
Licensed stylists can purchase from a professional beauty distributor for $179.99; the suggested client retail price is $249.99.
Derma e develops new Vitamin E Intensive Therapy line
LAS VEGAS — Skin care brand derma e unveiled at the recent Cosmoprof North America event in Las Vegas its new Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Bodycare line, which is positioned as the first skin care line in the marketplace to feature full-spectrum vitamin E.
The new line includes: derma e Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Body Balm, derma e Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Body Lotion — naturally scented and fragrance-free — and derma e Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Hand Crème.
Full-spectrum vitamin E is able to restore and maintain skin’s natural barrier function, helping it regain its natural ability to lock in moisture and defend itself against elemental stress, the company stated. The derma e formulas are blended with the full mix of tocopherols and tocotrienols (alpha-, beta-, gamma- and delta-) sourced from cranberry seeds and sustainably harvested red palm oil to provide more complete vitamin E antioxidant benefits. The line is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, phthalate-free, petrolatum-free and lanolin-free.
- Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Body Balm is a highly-concentrated topical recovery treatment that restores extreme cases of dry, dehydrated skin. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $15;
- Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Body Lotion (in fragrance-free and naturally-scented) softens, smoothes and conditions dry, rough, flaky skin with naturally therapeutic, full-spectrum vitamin E moisture. It is a lightweight healing lotion that delivers antioxidant, hydrating and nourishing benefits. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $12.95; and
- Vitamin E Intensive Therapy Hand Crème replenishes extremely dry, over-worked, weather-worn hands. The crème provides a glove-like defense while delivering antioxidant, hydrating and healing benefits. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $7.95.
American Greetings debuts new music and dance line of greeting cards
CLEVELAND — American Greetings introduced its newest line of greeting cards, Turbo Button, a collection that features lovable characters who dance to music.
Turbo Button is a funny new line of music and motion cards showcasing dancing characters that the receiver controls. The movement or music starts when the receiver opens the card and can be sped up or slowed down by pressing the turbo button. Dancing characters include a kitty, monkey, wrestler and hamster.
"We are excited to bring consumers a new and amusing way to deliver birthday wishes," said Carol Miller, VP corporate innovation at American Greetings. "Turbo Button takes any birthday celebration to the next level as soon as you open the card, hear the music and control how fast, or slow, these funny characters dance."
Consumers can find Turbo Button, in addition to a selection of fresh and inspiring cards from American Greetings, at participating drug chains, grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide, as well as in American Greetings and Carlton Cards retail stores.
Are you a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant? Join our Facebook group to get all the latest news dedicated to delivering healthcare services to patients in retail pharmacy clinics.