AAFA releases top 100 allergy capitals
LANDOVER, Md. — Louisville, Ky., was named the No. 1 spring allergy capital, up from No. 5 last year, on Monday by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Louisville earned top allergy honors because of its higher-than-average pollen counts, high use of allergy medicines by local patients and too few allergy specialists in the metro area, AAFA stated.
The southern and southeastern United States will be particularly bad for allergy sufferers. All 10 of the top 10 allergy cities are in these two regions:
- Louisville, Ky.;
- Memphis, Tenn.;
- Baton Rouge, La.;
- Oklahoma City;
- Jackson, Miss.;
- Chattanooga, Tenn.;
- Richmond, Va.;
- Birmingham, Ala.; and
- McAllen, Texas.
It’s the 12th year of the report, the AAFA noted.
Prasco to market authorized generic form of Evista
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs on Tuesday announced that it has signed a marketing and distribution agreement with Eli Lilly and Co. to market the authorized generic version of Evista (raloxifene hydrochloride tablets), 60 mg strength, in the United States.
Evista is an estrogen agonist/antagonist used for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, the company said. It’s also used for the reduction in risk of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis and reduction in risk of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women who are at high risk for invasive breast cancer.
"Prasco continues to demonstrate our passion to bring high-quality, low-cost prescription drugs to consumers," said Prasco president and COO, David Vucurevich, R.Ph. "Evista represents our third Eli Lilly and Company Authorized Generic product launched, and we are very pleased to broaden that relationship.
Prasco will start shipping the product immediately. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
ThinSlim Foods bakes up new line of healthy snacks
RINGOES, N.J. — ThinSlim Foods, a specialty baker, is unveiling a new category of healthy baked goods, snacks and desserts. Consumers will be able to enjoy the products, which range from brownies to cheese pizza, with a guilt-free mentality, the company said.
ThinSlim’s proprietary batter replaces standard cake or wheat flours with blends of oat fiber, almond flour and Erythritol, an all-natural sweetener. Additionally, bakers at the company have worked with nutritional experts to ensure that the baked goods are safe for consumers who have digestive and dietary sensitivities.
“The market for diet foods is great, but the options are not. Shops are stocked with products harboring laundry lists of processed and low-quality ingredients, some with sweeteners that cause GI distress, or falsified and misleading nutritionals. Several low carb foods, designed to taste good, have massive amounts of fat. Other low fat options are filled with carbs,” said Andrew Eckhardt, owner and founder of ThinSlim Foods. “No company had yet figured out how to make a diet food that was both low fat, low carb and appetizing. Those days are officially over. One bite of ThinSlim Foods’ dense brownies or our delicious muffins, cookies or breads will prove that. We only use the best ingredients available, making it ever more true, ‘You get what you pay for.’”
The line includes:
- Blondie Squares: Available in almond, banana, cinnamon and peanut butter, which contain 40 calories, 8 g of fiber, 6 g of protein and 2 g carbs. The squares come individually wrapped with a $2.49 MSRP;
- Brownies: 45 calories, 8 g fiber, 6 g protein, 2 g net carbs. Individually wrapped, with a $2.49 MSRP;
- Cheese Pizza: 100 calories, 11 g of fiber, 16 g of protein and 3 g net carbs, with a $7.99 MSRP;
- Cookies: Available in cinnamon, coconut and vanilla flavors. The cookies contain 40 calories, 8 g of fiber, 6 g of protein, 2 g net carbs. Chocolate-glazed and vanilla-glazed varieties contains 45 calories, for $2.49 MSRP;
- Love the Taste Bagels, which carries a $7.99 MSRP. Available in cinnamon, everything and plain. The bagels contain 100 calories, 14 g fiber, 14 g protein and 2 g net carbs;
- Love the Taste Bread: Available in cinnamon, everything, honey, pain and rye for a $7.99 MSRP. The breads contain 50 calories, 7 g of fiber, 7 g of protein and 1 g net carbs. Also available: hot dog and hamburger buns and pocket breads;
- Love your Waist Bagels: Available in a six-pack for $7.99 MSRP. Flavors include cinnamon, everything and plain. This bagel variety contains 60 calories, 13 g fiber, 13 g protein and 2 g net carbs; and
- Muffins: Banana, blueberry, cinnamon, peanut butter for a $2.49 MSRP. The product contains 40 calories and 2 g net carbs. This line also includes a chocolate variety, which contains 45 calories and 2 g net carbs.
ThinSlim foods can be purchased online at ThinSlimFoods.com and at retailers nationwide.