ATLANTA Mars Chocolate North America is set to unveil its newest innovations in chocolate and ice cream.
Mars will unveil several new items this week at this year's National Association of Convenience Stores show in Atlanta:
- In December, Snickers will add peanut butter to its confection of peanuts, caramel, nougat and milk chocolate, Snickers Peanut Butter Squared;
- Limited edition Twix coconut cookie bars will launch in April 2011; and
- Mars Ice Cream will introduce new three pint flavors in January 2011, including:
- Snickers rocky road ice cream, which features chocolate and marshmallow ice cream, chocolate-covered peanuts and chopped Snickers pieces;
- Milky Way ice cream, which consists of chocolate malt ice cream, smooth caramel and delectable chocolate chunks; and
- Twix peanut butter ice cream, which offers rich peanut butter ice cream, chocolate swirls, cookie balls and chopped pieces of Twix cookie bars.
“At Mars Chocolate North America, we strive to help our retailers drive profit by providing them with innovative new products, exciting consumer promotions and effective sales tools,” said Jim Murphy, VP sales at Mars Chocolate North America.