- Yucaipa Cos. to acquire Tesco's Fresh & Easy
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
- Study finds convenience factor important for drug store shoppers
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — The Yucaipa Cos., a U.S.-based private investment firm, officially acquired Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market from U.K.-based Tesco PLC, the company said on Wednesday.
Fresh and Easy customers will see numerous changes — including improvements in convenience, hours and customer service — in the coming weeks.
“We are excited about acquiring the Fresh and Easy business. We are building from a great foundation and see an incredible opportunity to create a healthy, convenient food experience,” Ron Burkle, managing partner of Yucaipa, said.