- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens ups Sona Chawla to role of president of digital and chief marketing officer
- Former Giant-Landover president joins Schnucks
- L’Oréal Paris brings beauty to NYC subway system with breakthrough vending experience
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass. — Yankee Candle has appointed Brad Wolansky to serve in the newly created role of president of direct and chief marketing officer.
Wolansky — who joins the company from the Golf Warehouse, where he served as CEO — is responsible for building the Yankee Candle's branding efforts across all channels through unique and compelling marketing communications and will lead the company's digital branding and e-commerce efforts to drive sales. Wolansky will report to Yankee Candle CEO Harlan Kent and have responsibility for the consumer direct, creative, marketing, public relations and social media teams.
Yankee Candle said Wolansky's appointment is part of a strategic initiative focused on building the company's brands, expanding the digital platform and accelerating growth of its direct-to-consumer business.
"In the past year, we have energized our Yankee Candle branding effort driven by better understanding our customer and what she wants and needs," Yankee Candle CEO Harlan Kent said. "Part of this strategic effort revolves around bringing in world class direct talent. Brad has successfully grown leading retail brands and is the ideal person to spearhead both our marketing and direct business to help us achieve our growth goals."