- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- McKesson announces voluntary takeover offer to acquire Celesio
- Expect more retail pharmacy operators and wholesalers to accumulate significant transglobal frequent flyer miles
- KEY LEARNING: Social media, payer incentives take spotlight at Health Mart University
- Countdown to McKesson ideaShare 2013: MiS to compile best thinking, new ideas for independent pharmacy
NEW YORK — McKesson appears ready to pull the trigger on an offer for German drug distributor Celesio, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Citing people familiar with the potential deal, McKesson is valuing Celesio at as much as $5.4 billion.
The acquisition is expected to significantly expand McKesson's economy of scale, according to the report.