- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- USPSTF: Not enough evidence on taking supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease or cancer
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
NEW YORK — The Winning Combination on Thursday launched Vitamints, coupling a multivitamin with a mint. A daily dose of one tablet, taken four times per day, helps provide the recommended daily allowance of several vitamins and minerals while enhancing absorption of key nutrients, the company noted. Vitamints are available in five varieties — Immune, Energy, Calm, Focus and Multi for Women.
"In our fast-paced world, schedules are always changing, and the last thing we want is to stop and remember to take that giant horse pill in the morning," stated Shazad Bukhari, Winning Combination COO. "Vitamints not only offer the recommended daily dose of essential vitamins and minerals, but they taste great and you can take them anytime throughout the day, whenever and wherever works for you, without a fixed schedule and even without water."
Vitamints were available through Walgreens nationwide beginning spring 2013, the company announced. The suggested retail price for a sixty-count tin is $4.99.