- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie offer prescriptions at no upfront cost to insurance marketplace enrollees
- Bi-Lo Holdings to convert some Harveys to Winn-Dixie and vice versa
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- Parent company of Bi-Lo, Winn Dixie files IPO registration
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie on Tuesday announced it will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters on March 9 to vote on the proposed Bi-Lo buyout of the southeastern grocer.
Under the terms of that definitive agreement, Bi-Lo will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Winn-Dixie stock in the merger at $9.50 in cash per share of Winn-Dixie common stock, representing a premium of approximately 75% over the closing price of Winn-Dixie common stock on Dec. 16.
Jan. 27, 2012, has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of (and to vote) at the special meeting.