- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Winn-Dixie Stores, which operates 514 retail grocery locations and 379 in-store pharmacies, has announced that it will offer flu vaccinations on a walk-in basis and through vaccine clinics at all of its in-store pharmacies, beginning Sept. 1.
Customers using their Winn-Dixie Customer Reward Card will receive a $5 discount off the $28 flu vaccine ($23 with the Customer Reward Card). Winn-Dixie's pharmacies also are offering a new, high-dosage flu vaccine for those 65 and older for $43 with the Customer Reward Card ($48 for noncardholders) this year. Both the regular and high-dose flu vaccines provide protection against the H1N1 virus, the company stated. Certified pharmacists will administer the flu vaccines. Winn-Dixie also is providing an offsite clinic service for local businesses to increase vaccination rates this year.