- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Pairing influenza and pneumococcal vaccination shots for children raises risk of fever
- National Consumers League survey finds 1-in-5 adults never received a flu shot
- Sanofi vaccination campaign targets 'FLUgitives'
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores on Monday kicked off its “Shield Yourself” flu vaccination campaign offering consumers three options in getting this year’s influenza vaccine.
Guests at any of the grocer’s in-store pharmacies can choose from the standard vaccination, a high-dose vaccine recommended for those 65 years and older or an Intradermal flu vaccination administered with a microneedle that is 90% smaller than traditional needles, Winn-Dixie stated.
“We have the flu vaccine now and offer guests quick and easy options to receive it while they do their grocery shopping," stated John Fegan, Winn-Dixie VP pharmacy. "With the start of school, now is the perfect time to shield your health with a flu shot.”
Fegan noted that Winn-Dixie pharmacists will be recommending that patients wash hands frequently and wipe down telephones, remote controls and door knobs with disinfectant to help stop any spread of cold and flu viruses.
Winn-Dixie patients receiving a flu vaccination will receive a coupon book with $15 in savings on products like hand sanitizer, disenfectants and tissues, while supplies last.