- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie is looking to help pharmacy customers better manage their prescriptions by introducing a new mobile application for iPhone, Android or Blackberry smartphones.
The Winn-Dixie pharmacy app and its mobile website, m.WinnDixieRx.com, operate on a secure network created by San Francisco-based Mscripts. The app allows customers to track prescription refill status and manage doctor and key health information, locate the nearest Winn-Dixie pharmacy, and also supports interactive SMS messaging, email, push notifications and mobile calendar integration, the companies said.
“This new app will make our guests’ busy lives easier, allowing them to take better control of their health directly from their mobile device,” Winn-Dixie group VP marketing Mary Kellmanson said. “Using the new app will help guests view and reorder prescriptions, receive alerts when their prescription is ready, set reminders to take their medications and remind them of dosage, and even remind them to schedule a doctor’s appointment.”
Adding Mscripts CEO Mark Cullen, “The Winn-Dixie pharmacy app is all about improving the relationship between the pharmacy and the patient, reducing or eliminating wait times, and enabling the pharmacists to spend more time on important things — like listening to patient questions and giving health advice. Winn-Dixie guests can refill prescriptions with a touch of a button, wherever they are. The result is a better shopping experience and better health management.”