- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie offer prescriptions at no upfront cost to insurance marketplace enrollees
- Bi-Lo Holdings to convert some Harveys to Winn-Dixie and vice versa
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- Parent company of Bi-Lo, Winn Dixie files IPO registration
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie is looking to raise funds for a nonprofit organization that helps veterans injured in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The retailer said that it is reintroducing a commemorative bottled water to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. For every 24-pack sold through the 4th of July weekend, 10 cents will be donated to the organization, up to a total of $100,000.
This marks the second year Winn-Dixie is selling the specially packaged water to assist WWP.
“The proceeds from this program will help injured veterans regain what they have lost in service to our country,” Winn-Dixie group VP marketing Mary Kellmanson said. “This is an excellent opportunity for Winn-Dixie and our guests to show support for the brave men and women who’ve dedicated their lives to defending freedom.”