- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie announce 10-week price freeze on hundreds of items
- Cardinal Health raises $1 million for Wounded Warrior Project since 2010
- Reports: Bi-Lo to retire Sweetbay, Reid's brands
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- Parent company of Bi-Lo, Winn Dixie files IPO registration
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie is looking to raise funds for a nonprofit organization that helps veterans injured in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The retailer said that it is reintroducing a commemorative bottled water to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. For every 24-pack sold through the 4th of July weekend, 10 cents will be donated to the organization, up to a total of $100,000.
This marks the second year Winn-Dixie is selling the specially packaged water to assist WWP.
“The proceeds from this program will help injured veterans regain what they have lost in service to our country,” Winn-Dixie group VP marketing Mary Kellmanson said. “This is an excellent opportunity for Winn-Dixie and our guests to show support for the brave men and women who’ve dedicated their lives to defending freedom.”