- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie offer prescriptions at no upfront cost to insurance marketplace enrollees
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Through a new exclusive agreement with Green Secure Solutions, Winn-Dixie is implementing a patent-pending process to clean, sanitize and protect shopping carts, hand baskets, handicap carts, food trays and other equipment at its 484 stores.
Winn-Dixie said Green Secure Solutions' mobile sanitizing units act like a car wash, where shopping carts and other equipment are cleaned with a high-temperature, pressurized shower sterilized with hydrogen peroxide and ultraviolet light. The retailer said by using this process, it can assure customers' health is protected.
"This service protects our customers' health by using an environmentally safe product that continues to kill bacteria and other microorganisms for six months between treatments," said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie group VP marketing. "Green Secure Solutions has serviced every one of our stores, and now they are beginning a second round of treatments, creating an invisible shield that provides additional protection for our customers and the food they're buying."