- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie announce 10-week price freeze on hundreds of items
- Reports: Bi-Lo to retire Sweetbay, Reid's brands
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie collectively raise more than $450,000 in support of Susan G. Komen
- Parent company of Bi-Lo, Winn Dixie files IPO registration
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
MOBILE, Ala. Winn-Dixie on Thursday celebrated the completion of its 9,000-sq.-ft. expansion and remodel here, featuring such new amenities as an outdoor farmers market; expanded meat, seafood and wine departments; and a dedicated area offering free Wi-Fi access and complimentary coffee.
“Shoppers will now find themselves surrounded by colorful arrays of fresh produce, flowers and other perishables in a cleaner, more modern and attractive setting that offers best-in-class customer service,” stated Joey Medina, Winn-Dixie western regional VP. “In addition, our merchandising reflects the needs, tastes and preferences of this diverse community. ... This store exemplifies our fresh and local strategy and goes to the heart of what consumers have told us is important to them.”
The store's local products include Louisiana Cajun Land Brand products and Occhipinti Gourmet Foods line, featuring spiced green beans and baby corn, olive oils and expanded offerings of stuffed olives.
To celebrate the grand reopening, Winn-Dixie will host a series of celebrations throughout October that include live cooking demonstrations, “local flavor” food tastings, live entertainment, raffles, giveaways and more.