- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie announced the generic form of Plavix (clopidogrel) now is available for $4 for 30-day and $10 for 90-day prescriptions as part of the company's prescription savings program.
Winn-Dixie recently launched a prescription savings program in all of its pharmacies that offers deep discounts on more than 400 generic medications and varied discounts on branded and other generic medication.
"The generic form of Plavix (clopidogrel) just recently released in market, providing customers with initial savings over the brand equivalent," stated John Fegan, VP of pharmacy for Winn-Dixie. "This prescription is a highly requested medication from our customers, so we are especially pleased to offer an even deeper discount that allows customers to focus on what is important — their health."
For an annual enrollment fee of $5, customers with an active Winn-Dixie reward card immediately will begin receiving program benefits, including:
A $5 store coupon automatically loaded to the customer's reward card;
$4, 30-day and $10, 90-day generic drug pricing on a list of more than 400 generic drugs, plus discounts on branded and all other generic drugs; and
Ongoing promotions and specials.
The program runs through the grocer's existing free reward card program. Customers with or without a reward card can sign up for the prescription program quickly and easily at their local Winn-Dixie customer service counter.