- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
PHOENIX — Avella Specialty Pharmacy has released a new white paper that it said would help oncologists select appropriate specialty pharmacies.
The Phoenix-based specialty pharmacy company announced Wednesday the release of "Guide to Selecting the Appropriate Specialty Pharmacy: Important Considerations for Your Oncology Practice." The white paper highlights such factors as the ability to provide comprehensive, quality clinical services and support the practice's needs.
"A specialty pharmacy is an integral aspect of the healthcare system," Avella VP clinical affairs Eric Sredzinski said. "It is important for oncology practices to work with a specialty pharmacy partner that understands the oncology medication environment. Offering solutions to their patients that address the unique cost and adherence challenges associated with oncology medications is critical for optimal outcomes."
The company said cancer was becoming a major focus of drug development, noting a recent report by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America that drug makers had more than 900 cancer drugs in development.