- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
A few months after San Francisco drug stores cleared their inventories of anything with tobacco, a city on the opposite side of the country passed a similar ban. Boston has banned tobacco sales in retail pharmacies as well, but its ban covers all stores that operate pharmacies, not just drug stores.
While Walgreens sued San Francisco over its ban, alleging discrimination, it has accepted the one in Boston without complaint. Health officials in San Francisco might want to pay a little attention to what's happening in Boston because it could help them save a few pennies on legal fees.