- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Designer Protein celebrates 20 years of Designer Whey brand
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Designer Whey announces new Sustained Energy protein mix
ORLANDO, Fla. —BSN last month showcased its line of ready-to-drink protein supplements at the ECRM Vitamin, Diet & Sports Nutrition meeting here. The company’s RTD protein supplements already are best-sellers at specialty shop GNC and military retailer AAFES.
The new-to-mass RTD protein shake, called Syntha-6, features six proteins—including milk, whey and soy—that each are metabolized by the body at different rates, allowing for a more gradual supplementation of protein.
Sports enthusiasts and avid dieters may be credited with driving sales of protein supplements higher last year by some 22%; for the 52 weeks ended Dec. 26, 2009, sales of protein supplements reached $148.3 million across food, drug and mass (including Walmart), according to Nielsen Group data.
For 2010, BSN is planning $3.2 million in advertising.