- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- MMR vaccine, autism link was fabricated, medical journal says
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
BARRINGTON, Ill. —Merix Pharmaceutical unveiled its new Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment March 1. The only over-the-counter treatment for genital herpes, Fast-Results! answers an unmet need of people who suffer painful symptoms associated with genital herpes outbreaks, and it can be used in conjunction with a prescription therapy for genital herpes.
Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment is comprised of Merix’s patented technology Viracea, which contains an approved ingredient under the Food and Drug Administration OTC antiseptic/antimicrobial monograph, the company stated.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16% of Americans currently suffer from genital herpes.
No matter how the herpes treatment is categorized, it should drive traffic. According to Nielsen Group data for the 52 weeks ended Feb. 20 across food, drug and mass, all lip remedies were relatively flat, up only 0.7% to $530.7 million. Foot preparations, which include jock itch remedies and other antifungals, totaled $193.6 million in sales, down 7.4%.