- Coming to Weis shelves: Lichi superfruit diet supplement
- Weis expands 2011 cap ex budget
- Weis Lifestyle Initiatives now part of pharmacy division
- Weis 3Q sales down vs. last year as the grocer cycles through sales lifts from hurricanes Irene, Lee
- Weis Markets increases capital budget by 25% to $125 million
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets on Tuesday reported a 12.1% increase in its second-quarter net income to $23.2 million. For the period ended June 30, second-quarter earnings per share increased 11.7% to 86 cents per share, compared with 77 cents per share for the same period in 2011.
Second-quarter sales increased 0.1% to $677.1 million while comparable-store sales increased 0.4%.
Weis attributed its net income and operating income increases to disciplined promotions and marketing and a decrease in depreciation expenses when it changed depreciation methods from accelerated to straight-line.