- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens offers free blood-pressure testing in support of American Heart Month
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets on Tuesday named Joseph Douglas the grocer's VP pharmacy.
Douglas will oversee the day-to-day merchandising, operation and management of Weis Markets’ 122 pharmacies and also will direct the company’s lifestyle initiatives’ team, which focuses on health-and-wellness issues. Douglas will report to Kurt Schertle, SVP sales and merchandising.
Douglas was a 27-year Walgreens veteran, where he was VP transforming community practice.