- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Retail pharmacy emerging as healthcare necessity
- Loose ends should be tied to make e-prescribing a reality
- Industry poised for ‘historic paradigm change,’ NACDS chief Anderson tells pharmacy leaders
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets on Monday promoted Rick Seipp to VP pharmacy.
In his new position, Seipp will oversee the day-to-day merchandising, operation and management of Weis Markets’ 131 pharmacies. He will also oversee the company’s Lifestyle Initiatives’ team, which focuses on health and wellness issues.
Seipp will report to Kurt Schertle, EVP sales and merchandising. Prior to his promotion, Seipp was the grocer's director of pharmacy operations.
Prior to joining Weis in 2010, Seipp worked at Rite Aid. Earlier in his career, he worked as a store level pharmacist, pharmacy manager, pharmacy system development manager and district manager.
Seipp is a graduate of Wilkes University’s School of Pharmacy and lives in Mechanicsburg, Pa.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.