- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets on Monday promoted Rick Seipp to VP pharmacy.
In his new position, Seipp will oversee the day-to-day merchandising, operation and management of Weis Markets’ 131 pharmacies. He will also oversee the company’s Lifestyle Initiatives’ team, which focuses on health and wellness issues.
Seipp will report to Kurt Schertle, EVP sales and merchandising. Prior to his promotion, Seipp was the grocer's director of pharmacy operations.
Prior to joining Weis in 2010, Seipp worked at Rite Aid. Earlier in his career, he worked as a store level pharmacist, pharmacy manager, pharmacy system development manager and district manager.
Seipp is a graduate of Wilkes University’s School of Pharmacy and lives in Mechanicsburg, Pa.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.