- Weis Markets president and CEO resigns
- Weis Markets expands Weis Online Shopping service
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Weis Markets donates $100,000 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
SUNBURY, Pa. — Weis Markets on Friday announced the launch of its 10th round of price freezes, effective in all 163 store locations.
More than 2,000 products have been reduced in price and will stay at these discounted levels for 90 days. Since the company began its price freezing initiative in January 2009, Weis customers have saved more than $40 million dollars, the grocer stated.
Weis Markets' current Price Freeze program includes namebrand and private brand products in grocery, frozen, dairy, meat, health, beauty care and general merchandise. Customers can identify Price Freeze items through store signage and shelf tags for participating items, as well as in weekly circulars.