GURNEE, Ill. — Weiman Products, a manufacturer of specialty cleaning products whose portfolio includes Weiman Cook Top Cleaner and Weiman Leather Wipes, has acquired from the Homax Group the Goo Gone, Magic, Stone Care International, Natural Magic, OOPS! Paint Remover and Gonzo brands.
“Adding Homax’s specialty cleaning brands to Weiman solidifies the company’s position as the leading specialty cleaning products provider in the market,” said Carl DeMasi, Weiman’s president and CEO. “We fully expect our customers, suppliers and employees to benefit from this acquisition.”
The group of brands provides specific benefits to Weiman:
- Broadens product categories and served markets;
- Supplements brand equity and awareness, particularly with the Goo Gone and Magic brands;
- Extends capability in specialty cleaning formulations; and
- Enhances supply and distribution alternatives.
In addition, Homax’s customers will benefit from Weiman’s capabilities, including:
- Research and development staff dedicated to specialty consumer product formulations;
- Dedicated team of designers; and
- Distribution in more than 25 countries.