- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- Kodak Alaris, Bartell Drugs renew partnership
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Escalating food costs may have a firm grip on consumers' wallets, but one retailer is promising "to keep prices low and [its] quality and service high."
Wegmans this week said that it will not change the prices on 40 of the products most important to families through the end of 2011. According to the company's website, many of the items listed include store-brand products and produce. Wegmans also noted that, counting different varieties and sizes, about 200 items are covered by the company's price pledge.
"We hope this — plus more low prices and great Wegmans-brand items throughout the store — will help you and your family make great meals easy, healthy and affordable," the company said.