- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Generic drug prices spike, but PBMs' reimbursement rates don't keep up, NCPA study finds
MORRISTOWN, N.J. Sales for generic drug maker Watson Pharmaceuticals grew 33%, to $882.4 million, in third quarter 2010, according to an earnings report released Thursday.
The sales figure for the current quarter compared with $662.1 million in third quarter 2009. Profits were $105.9 million, compared with $90 million in third quarter 2009.
“Watson delivered another quarter of strong financial results and continued progress against our strategic objectives,” Watson president and CEO Paul Bisaro said.
Global generics sales for the quarter increased 45%, to $577.6 million. Branded drug sales were $99.7 million.