- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- MMR vaccine, autism link was fabricated, medical journal says
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
MORRISTOWN, N.J. — A subsidiary of Watson Pharmaceuticals has launched a treatment for herpes infections, the company said Monday.
Watson Labs launched famciclovir tablets in the 125-mg, 250-mg and 500-mg strengths. The drug is a generic version of Novartis’ Famvir and is used to treat cold sores and genital herpes in patients with and without HIV.
Famvir and generic versions had sales of about $197 million in 2010, according to IMS Health.