- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
- Aetna taps former Walmart exec Dijuana Lewis to lead Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Top line troubles continue for Walmart
- Retailers more promotional over first half of 2013 in year-ago comparisons
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Walmart is bringing Americans some much-wanted relief at the pump this fall and winter with the return of its "Great Gas Rollback" program.
Beginning Aug. 31 and ending Dec. 24, Walmart customers using a Walmart gift card will receive a 10 cent per gallon discount. Customers who use a Walmart MoneyCard or Walmart credit card will save 15 cents per gallon on their fuel purchase.
Gas will be discounted at more than 1,000 Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations located at Walmart Supercenters in participating states.
"It's a busy time for our customers. They are sending their kids back to school and planning for Labor Day travels, and the holidays are just around the corner. As gas prices get higher, these tasks get tougher," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer for Walmart U.S. "We're here to help. Last year, we saved our customers nearly $60 million with the gas rollback program. This year, we're excited to provide an even bigger discount on fuel that will help them save more money when they need it the most."