- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
- 'Soup for Walmart': Original Soupman hits shelves in nearly 500 stores
- Aetna taps former Walmart exec Dijuana Lewis to lead Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Top line troubles continue for Walmart
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — Walmart Canada announced on Friday a donation of C$100,000 to Food Banks Canada to help local food banks improve access to food and services for those in need.
Food Banks Canada's HungerCount 2012 shows 882,000 individuals turned to a food bank each month for help this year, and more than 339,000 of those assisted are children.
Walmart Canada has donated an additional C$85,000 to local food banks across the country, including C$30,000 to Daily Bread Food Bank, C$25,000 to Moisson Montreal, C$25,000 to Banques alimentaires du Quebec and C$5,000 to Edmonton's Food Bank.