- Bi-Lo introduces Community Donation Program benefitting Susan G. Komen
- National childhood cancer awareness event held at Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- Walgreens collects donations for Susan G. Komen
- World Self-Medication Industry names president of Bayer HealthCare’s Global Consumer Care division chair-elect
- CRN names seven new directors and appoints three new committee chairs
CHICAGO — The Chicagoland Area Affiliate of Susan G. Komen (Komen Chicago) on Tuesday announced that Walgreens CFO and president international Wade Miquelon will serve as race chair for its annual Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Race for the Cure. The event will take place on Mother's Day, May 11, 2014, in Chicago's Grant Park.
"Like too many others, I have witnessed special women in my life battle breast cancer. They are my inspiration to find a cure," Miquelon said. "I'm honored to chair Komen Chicago's 2014 Race for the Cure. I look forward to once again standing side-by-side with my co-workers and the thousands of event participants as we race to end breast cancer forever."
Walgreen's is a long-standing sponsor of Komen Chicago and was the top fundraising corporate team at last year's Race for the Cure. In addition to leading the Walgreen's corporate team in their efforts, Miquelon joined the Komen Chicago "Pink Tie Guy" class to stand up to breast cancer by driving awareness and raising funds to support research to find a cure. As the 2014 race chair, Miquelon will lead this year's efforts across the Chicagoland area.
"With the support of dedicated participants and sponsors, such as Wade and Walgreen's, we will continue to make great strides in funding critical research projects and prevention programs throughout the Chicagoland area and across the country," said Rita Forden, CEO of Komen Chicago.