- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Specialty pharmacy gets personal
- Shift away from PBM could make room for more broad-service, integrated approach to health care
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Organization restructures, acquisitions keep Walgreens top of game
DES MOINES, Iowa — Walgreens has won recognition from a company that designs medication therapy management programs.
Walgreens, which has invested heavily in their MTM programs, was named the top national chain by Outcomes Pharmaceutical Health Care’s MTM network.
Other honorees included Kerr Drug, Kroger and Supervalu, which were saluted for MTM services provided at one of their respective stores.
“Each year, the competition for top pharmacy chain grows tighter,” Outcomes director of clinical services Jessica Frank said. “We saw significant advances in pharmacy MTM management in 2010 — so much so, we felt it was important to begin recognizing both a national and regional pharmacy chain.”