- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
DES MOINES, Iowa — Walgreens has won recognition from a company that designs medication therapy management programs.
Walgreens, which has invested heavily in their MTM programs, was named the top national chain by Outcomes Pharmaceutical Health Care’s MTM network.
Other honorees included Kerr Drug, Kroger and Supervalu, which were saluted for MTM services provided at one of their respective stores.
“Each year, the competition for top pharmacy chain grows tighter,” Outcomes director of clinical services Jessica Frank said. “We saw significant advances in pharmacy MTM management in 2010 — so much so, we felt it was important to begin recognizing both a national and regional pharmacy chain.”