- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
DES MOINES, Iowa — Walgreens has won recognition from a company that designs medication therapy management programs.
Walgreens, which has invested heavily in their MTM programs, was named the top national chain by Outcomes Pharmaceutical Health Care’s MTM network.
Other honorees included Kerr Drug, Kroger and Supervalu, which were saluted for MTM services provided at one of their respective stores.
“Each year, the competition for top pharmacy chain grows tighter,” Outcomes director of clinical services Jessica Frank said. “We saw significant advances in pharmacy MTM management in 2010 — so much so, we felt it was important to begin recognizing both a national and regional pharmacy chain.”